Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Entire 4 Part Interview on 4% Rule

When I made my last blog post, I wasn't paying close attention and thought I was posting the entire video interview about the 4% rule.

In turns out that there are actually 4 parts to the interview. I'm including all 4 parts below in order. If you've been following closely, you've seen Parts 1 and 2 already.  Parts 3 and 4 are new.

This interview was conducted with Professor David Littell from the American College for their Wealth Channel. It's about my blog post, "Ten Reasons Why the 4% Rule is Too Simplistic for Retirement Planning"

Part 1:

  

Part 2:


Part 3: A continuation of discussion regarding the multiple factors that impact the safe withdrawal rate, with a look at the total return investment strategy and the bucket approach.


Part 4: The meaning of "failure" when it comes to retirement planning, with Dave Littell and Wade Pfau.

5 comments:

  1. Wade, would it be possible to post the entire interview transcripts? Please & thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting these, and I agree--a transcript would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both!

    I tried using my computer to transcribe the interview, but that wasn't working very well. I must admit that I do not think I am patient enough to transcribe these manually myself. I am currently writing a paper which starts off with the theme of Part 4 though, and I hope to get it finished in the next week or so.

    Though my answers sometimes branched off a bit, do make sure to note that the basic format of the interview follows my blog post linked above: "Ten Reasons Why the 4% Rule is Too Simplistic for Retirement Planning"

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I listened to a good bit of it and it largely makes sense. Its' always worth being suspicious when it comes to investing about "rules". Remember, "house prices only go up" was another ruled at one point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very useful articles i found on your blog it's really good to read some different post to get some valuable information. At a time when people usually do not see how they get interest on the loan, they have to meet your needs. Victor Jung NBC, Chairman and CEO, has over 17 years of expertise in the Financial Services, Consumer Products, Media and Real Estate Industries.

    ReplyDelete