This August 13-17, Salem State University in Salem, Massaschusetts, will host a week long seminar series on retirement income, with the idea that attendees may wish to sit for the Retirement Management Analyst designation exam at the end of the week.
I will be there on Tuesday and Wednesday that week and will present about my recent research on retirement income strategies as it can be tied in to the RMA curriculum on using a household's balance sheet and income statement to develop appropriate retirement income strategies.
All of the presenters are listed below, and they include some of the very top names in both the academic and practitioner world for retirement planning. I am particularly looking forward to meeting Zvi Bodie and Lawrence Kotlikoff in person.
I could not attend the last intensive seminar series of this sort which was held at Texas Tech University last February, but I was included on the email list of updates and discussions about the events, and I realized I missed attending a really great experience in person. All of the participants bonded very well and there were many great discussions which eventually helped to move the curriculum forward. I'm looking forward to attending this time.
If you have a chance to be in the Boston area in August, I hope this will be a great opportunity as well with many active participants. The formal announcement with the necessary links is below.
+ + + + + + + +
Add Sizzle to your Retirement Income Business by Earning the Retirement Management Analyst Designation this Summer!
Coming in August is the Salem State University Intensive Seminar to prepare for the Retirement Management Analyst (RMA) Designation.
Summer is a perfect time to earn this advanced education and heat up your retirement income business by attending this 5-day in-class intensive seminar from Monday through Friday, August 13-17, 2012.
The seminar costs just $1,575 including refreshments and lunch. On campus lodging is available for a low additional fee. To sign up for the summer seminar, contact Salem State University, Professional and Community Enrichment Programs or go to www.salemstate.edu/noncredit.
Key faculty and guest instructors include:
- Francois Gadenne, Chairman and Executive Director, Retirement Income Industry Association
- Stephen Mitchell, Director, Advisor Education, Retirement Income Industry Association
- Dana Anspach, CFP®, RMA, Founder, Sensible Money, LLC and the www.About.com Guide to MoneyOver55
- Zvi Bodie, the Norman and Adele Barron Professor of Management, Boston University.
- Lawrence Kotlikoff, PhD, Professor of Economics, Boston University
- Dan McGrath, Director of Healthcare Funding Strategies, at HVS Financial
- Alain Valles, Founder and President, Direct Finance Corporation
- Wade Pfau, Associate Professor at GRIPS and Curriculum Director for the RMA Designation